The World Bank Group's board of directors approved the core objectives of the First Development Policy Operation on Friday in the amount of $30 million to support Moldova's economic growth.
The core objectives include helping spur growth in Moldova by enhancing its structural reform agenda and by supporting improvements in the business climate, promoting financial sector stability and development, and improving the equity and efficiency of public expenditures.
"We are pleased to support the government of Moldova's efforts to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic growth by shifting to a growth model based on investments, increased competitiveness, innovation and exports," Abdoulaye Seck, the World Bank's country manager for Moldova, said.
The financial support will go toward Moldova 2020, a national development strategy from the Moldovan government and part of the Moldova Country Partnership Strategy for 2014-2017.
"Our support is fully aligned with the country's national development priorities and aims to address key reforms that can contribute to spurring private-sector led growth, whilst making public investments work better and more equitably to reduce poverty and boost shared prosperity for all Moldovan citizens," Seck said.
Moldova joined the World Bank in 1992 and has received more than $1 billion for 49 operations. The World Bank portfolio currently includes seven active projects in Moldova with total commitments of $162.2 million.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation