William Murray, the deputy spokesman of the International Monetary Fund's communications department, held a press conference on Thursday in Washington, D.C.
The briefing was one of the fund's regular, biweekly press briefings and was the last briefing before the IMF-World Bank spring meetings in Washington in mid-April.
Murray laid out the schedule of early April World Bank events and meetings, including the release of background chapters from the "Global Financial Stability Report" and the "World Economic Outlook." He also announced that the IMF concluded its mission to Zimbabwe and that the bank will resume its resident representative office in Harare in the coming months.
Murray also took questions about Ukraine at the briefing. He said the proposed deal with Ukraine would not involve debt restructuring because the program was deemed sustainable.
"We have a staff-level agreement, still subject to approval by our management and the executive board," Murray said. "There's a $27 billion package. The IMF will contribute somewhere between $14-$18 billion towards that package. The reason we're giving a range is because we're still working on lining up bilateral and multilateral contributions to the overall $27 billion."
The briefing included discussions on Greece, quota, Venezuela and governance reform in the Obama administration.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business