William Murray, the deputy spokesman of the International Monetary Fund's communications department, held a press conference on Thursday in Washington, D.C.
The briefing was one of the fund's regular, biweekly press briefings and was the last briefing before the IMF-World Bank spring meetings in Washington in mid-April.
Murray laid out the schedule of early April World Bank events and meetings, including the release of background chapters from the "Global Financial Stability Report" and the "World Economic Outlook." He also announced that the IMF concluded its mission to Zimbabwe and that the bank will resume its resident representative office in Harare in the coming months.
Murray also took questions about Ukraine at the briefing. He said the proposed deal with Ukraine would not involve debt restructuring because the program was deemed sustainable.
"We have a staff-level agreement, still subject to approval by our management and the executive board," Murray said. "There's a $27 billion package. The IMF will contribute somewhere between $14-$18 billion towards that package. The reason we're giving a range is because we're still working on lining up bilateral and multilateral contributions to the overall $27 billion."
The briefing included discussions on Greece, quota, Venezuela and governance reform in the Obama administration.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays