William Murray, the deputy spokesman of the International Monetary Fund's communications department, held a press conference on Thursday in Washington, D.C.
The briefing was one of the fund's regular, biweekly press briefings and was the last briefing before the IMF-World Bank spring meetings in Washington in mid-April.
Murray laid out the schedule of early April World Bank events and meetings, including the release of background chapters from the "Global Financial Stability Report" and the "World Economic Outlook." He also announced that the IMF concluded its mission to Zimbabwe and that the bank will resume its resident representative office in Harare in the coming months.
Murray also took questions about Ukraine at the briefing. He said the proposed deal with Ukraine would not involve debt restructuring because the program was deemed sustainable.
"We have a staff-level agreement, still subject to approval by our management and the executive board," Murray said. "There's a $27 billion package. The IMF will contribute somewhere between $14-$18 billion towards that package. The reason we're giving a range is because we're still working on lining up bilateral and multilateral contributions to the overall $27 billion."
The briefing included discussions on Greece, quota, Venezuela and governance reform in the Obama administration.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank