Ukraine's Prominvestbank announced on Thursday that it obtained a $100 million line of credit from the Vnesheconombank Group.
Victor Bashkirov, the chairman of the board of Prominvestbank, said the financial support from the Russian company will help the bank to fulfill its obligations to clients.
"Prominvestbank received financial support in the amount of $100 million from its shareholder to maintain the current liquidity for the purpose of full unconditional fulfillment of obligations before the bank's clients," Bashkirov said.
Bashkirov said the country's political uncertainty, struggling economy and currency volatility are scaring depositors away and forcing banks to raise additional funding.
"(During) this situation Prominvestbank takes all necessary measures to protect the interests of its clients and maintain its reputation as a reliable bank," Bashkirov said.
Vnesheconombank is the biggest shareholder in Prominvestbank, holding 98.6 percent as of January 1.
Prominvestbank, which was established in 1992, is the seventh largest of the 180 banks in Ukraine, according to the National Bank of Ukraine.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation