Fitch Ratings recently affirmed Gazprombank's long-term issuer default ratings at investment grade "BBB-" with a stable outlook.
Fitch said that Gazprombank's rating reflects the agency's view of the high probability that support for the bank would be forthcoming, if needed, from the Russian Federation or state-controlled entities, in particular the bank's founder and major shareholder, OAO Gazprom.
Fitch also said that Gazprombank's "bb" viability rating reflects the banks prominent market position and generally low risk lending business focused on larger and stronger Russian corporations and secured retail products as well as its comfortable liquidity situation.
The agency also confirmed the ratings of Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd. at "BBB-" with a stable outlook, reflecting Fitch's view of the high probability that the bank would support the subsidiary if needed.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation. Its principal business areas are corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking and depositary services.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies