Fitch Ratings recently affirmed Gazprombank's long-term issuer default ratings at investment grade "BBB-" with a stable outlook.
Fitch said that Gazprombank's rating reflects the agency's view of the high probability that support for the bank would be forthcoming, if needed, from the Russian Federation or state-controlled entities, in particular the bank's founder and major shareholder, OAO Gazprom.
Fitch also said that Gazprombank's "bb" viability rating reflects the banks prominent market position and generally low risk lending business focused on larger and stronger Russian corporations and secured retail products as well as its comfortable liquidity situation.
The agency also confirmed the ratings of Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd. at "BBB-" with a stable outlook, reflecting Fitch's view of the high probability that the bank would support the subsidiary if needed.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation. Its principal business areas are corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking and depositary services.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership