The supervisory board of ABN AMRO will nominate Rik van Slingelandt as the new chairman of the supervisory board for a period of two years at its next general meeting of dhareholders in April.
Current Chairman Hessel Lindenbergh has decided not to seek reappointment for another term.
"On behalf of my colleagues, I want to thank Hessel Lindenbergh for the important role he has played in shaping the new ABN AMRO over the last five years. During this period we merged two major Dutch banks and formulated its future strategy. During these formative years Hessel Lindenbergh has always taken into consideration the interest of all stakeholders and from that standpoint has both challenged and supported the Managing Board. I wish him all the best," Gerrit Zalm, the chairman of ABN AMRO's managing board, said.
Van Slingelandt was appointed to the supervisory board in October 2010 and has held the position of vice-chairman since January 2011.
"Having successfully finalized the integration and created a solid and robust bank for its clients and other stakeholders, ABN AMRO is now pursuing new strategic priorities. Moreover, the Ministry of Finance has recently announced its intention to reduce its shareholding in the bank. While the bank is entering this new phase, I have decided that the time is right for me to retire from the supervisory board," Lindenbergh said.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar