The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has developed new plans for the Azerbaijan economy, with specific efforts going toward promoting a market-oriented economy, diversifying and developing a sustainable financial sector, and improving the business environment.
The new draft strategy would operate between 2014 and 2017, Azernews reports.
The bank will be involved in such projects as hydrocarbon production and the introduction of best management practice.
"The involvement of the country in such strategically important projects as the Southern Gas Corridor will contribute to the diversification of export routes and energy security of Europe," the EBRD said, according to Azernews. "The government has made some improvements in tax administration with a view to both reducing tax compliance costs for businesses and increasing tax collection rates. The new Customs Code, which came into effect in January 2012, includes strengthened provisions in various areas that are expected to bring regulations into line with international standards (including verification of the country of origin, valuation methods, single window principle in customs administration, customs audit, and electronic submission of information on goods to the customs authorities)."
The document also referenced the recent launch of construction on the international port. It also detailed the improvement of energy efficiency in Azerbaijan and the country's involvement in the non-oil sector.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar