The National Bank of Ukraine put the commemorative Yevhen Berezniak coin into circulation on Feb. 25.
The coin is worth two hryvnia and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Yevhen Berezniak, hero of Ukraine and veteran of the Great Patriotic War. Berezniak was an intelligence officer and a liberator of the city of Cracow from fascist invaders.
According to Tamara Loshmanova, the head of the numismatic production and marketing department of the National Bank of Ukraine, the coin is part of the "Outstanding Personalities of the Ukraine" series.
"By issuing the commemorative coin in honor of Yevhen Berezniak, the National Bank of Ukraine commemorates the heroic deed performed by Yevhen Berezniak when he was on a special mission in the enemy's rear during the Great Patriotic War," Loshmanova said.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar