Senior managers of the National Bank of Ukraine recently held a working meeting with representatives from the Independent Association of Ukrainian Bank and some of the country's leading banks.
The meeting was also attended by Stepan Kubiv, the deputy chairman of the Ukrainian parliament's Committee on Finance and Banking.
The meeting covered the current state of Ukraine's banking system amidst the political uncertainty and noted that all banks are operating as normal. The participants resolved to develop and introduce a new instrument designed to maintain banks' liquidity.
Officials in Parliament are also pushing ahead with the monumental task of rebuilding the collapsed government.
The country, however, is believed to be approaching an economic disaster and is in desperate need of international aid. Acting Ukrainian President Aleksandr Turchynov warned in an open letter to the Ukrainian people on Sunday that "Ukraine is now in a pre-default condition and sliding into the abyss."
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership