Senior managers of the National Bank of Ukraine recently held a working meeting with representatives from the Independent Association of Ukrainian Bank and some of the country's leading banks.
The meeting was also attended by Stepan Kubiv, the deputy chairman of the Ukrainian parliament's Committee on Finance and Banking.
The meeting covered the current state of Ukraine's banking system amidst the political uncertainty and noted that all banks are operating as normal. The participants resolved to develop and introduce a new instrument designed to maintain banks' liquidity.
Officials in Parliament are also pushing ahead with the monumental task of rebuilding the collapsed government.
The country, however, is believed to be approaching an economic disaster and is in desperate need of international aid. Acting Ukrainian President Aleksandr Turchynov warned in an open letter to the Ukrainian people on Sunday that "Ukraine is now in a pre-default condition and sliding into the abyss."
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies