The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic introduced overnight deposits on Feb. 17.
The new instrument of monetary policy allows the commercial bank to deposit funds in the NBKR at a particular interest rate for one night.
The committee on monetary regulation of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic set the overnight deposit rate at 1 percent as of Feb. 13.
The new instrument is expected to help strengthen the interest rate transmission channel of the monetary policy, which is geared toward achieving and supporting stability of prices.
The instrument will allow commercial banks to revise the interest rate policy on their demand deposits. They can also revise interest rates on current accounts for clients and allows banks to further increase the inflow of funds into the banking system by decreasing the use of cash.
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic determines the monetary policy of the Kyrgyz Republic. It also exercises regulation and supervision over banks and financial institutions. It develops and conducts the uniform currency policy and also has sole responsibility over the issue of banknotes. The bank also promotes effective functioning of the payment system and establishes rules of conducting banking operations, accounting and reporting for the banking system.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso