The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic introduced overnight deposits on Feb. 17.
The new instrument of monetary policy allows the commercial bank to deposit funds in the NBKR at a particular interest rate for one night.
The committee on monetary regulation of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic set the overnight deposit rate at 1 percent as of Feb. 13.
The new instrument is expected to help strengthen the interest rate transmission channel of the monetary policy, which is geared toward achieving and supporting stability of prices.
The instrument will allow commercial banks to revise the interest rate policy on their demand deposits. They can also revise interest rates on current accounts for clients and allows banks to further increase the inflow of funds into the banking system by decreasing the use of cash.
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic determines the monetary policy of the Kyrgyz Republic. It also exercises regulation and supervision over banks and financial institutions. It develops and conducts the uniform currency policy and also has sole responsibility over the issue of banknotes. The bank also promotes effective functioning of the payment system and establishes rules of conducting banking operations, accounting and reporting for the banking system.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation