Strong relations between the banking system and small businesses and entrepreneurs is critical to Uzbekistan's economic growth, the Central Bank of Uzbekistan recently announced.
Commercial banks in Uzbekistan financed 12,338 projects in 2013 targeting consumer goods, commodities, agriculture and the development of industrial power.
Banks have also taken an active role in helping young graduate start their own businesses.
"The regional branches of the commercial banks pay enough attention to job placement of the graduators of the specialized professional and secondary colleges, creation of favorable circumstances to start their entrepreneurial activity, financial support which is one of the actual tasks of present time," the bank said.
The bank has also placed an emphasis on empowering women.
"We know that rendered financial and technical support to businesswomen in different sphere and branches of the economy were up," the bank said. "That becomes the important factor in improvement of wellbeing of a number of families. The most general is that due to entrepreneurship the family budget becomes stronger and it was created the ground for future of the children."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar