Strong relations between the banking system and small businesses and entrepreneurs is critical to Uzbekistan's economic growth, the Central Bank of Uzbekistan recently announced.
Commercial banks in Uzbekistan financed 12,338 projects in 2013 targeting consumer goods, commodities, agriculture and the development of industrial power.
Banks have also taken an active role in helping young graduate start their own businesses.
"The regional branches of the commercial banks pay enough attention to job placement of the graduators of the specialized professional and secondary colleges, creation of favorable circumstances to start their entrepreneurial activity, financial support which is one of the actual tasks of present time," the bank said.
The bank has also placed an emphasis on empowering women.
"We know that rendered financial and technical support to businesswomen in different sphere and branches of the economy were up," the bank said. "That becomes the important factor in improvement of wellbeing of a number of families. The most general is that due to entrepreneurship the family budget becomes stronger and it was created the ground for future of the children."
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC