Azerbaijan was ranked ahead of the U.S. in a recent study by the World Bank and the International Finance Corp. that ranked countries on how easy it is for entrepreneurs to start new businesses.
The study, "Doing Business 2014: Understanding Regulations for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses," narrowly ranked the U.S. ahead of Uzbekistan.
The annual report included 189 countries in its rankings. The organization evaluated countries on the number of procedures required to open a new business, the time spent complying with the procedures, cost of doing so and other factors.
New Zealand topped the rankings as the easiest place in the world to start a new business. The country was noted for having only one procedure that requires half a day to go through. Only 1 percent of income per capita is needed to start and business and there was no paid-in minimum capital, according to the study.
Canada, Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong rounded out the top five in the rankings.
The U.S. requires six procedures, on average, taking five days. It also requires 1.5 percent of a company's income per capita.
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: IE on USN 6% can pay taxes through the mobile application "PSB My Business"
- AG BANK: AGBank ASC is expanding its ATM network
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: It's time to make your trade online with AtaBank
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHSTAN: Regarding the seizure of property of the companies, controlled by M.K. Ablyazov
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank to continue supporting SMEs
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank Participates in Banking Union of Armenia "Financial Literacy and Skills" Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank implements the Open Banking solution
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project