VTB Bank recently signed an agreement with Arctech Helsinki Shipyard, United Shipbuilding Corporation's joint venture in Finland.
VTB will provide bank guarantees to finance Arctech's participation in a state tender for an ice-breaking vessel. Arctech was announced as the winner of the tender, held by the Finnish Transport Agency, on Jan. 22.
Bank guarantees for approximately $166 million will be issued simultaneously with the signing of the contract for the icebreaker, which will be built jointly by Vyborg Shipyard and Arctech Helsinki Shipyard.
"VTB Bank and USC have developed a consistent long-term partnership, while cooperation between Vyborg Shipyard and Arctech Helsinki Shipyard is a positive example of fruitful Russian-Finnish cooperation in the construction of ice-class vessels," Valery Lukyanenko of VTB Bank's management board said.
United Shipbuilding Corporation is Russia's largest shipbuilding company. The federally owned corporation, established in 2007, includes approximately 60 shipyards, design bureaus and ship repair plants, which build 80 percent of the country's ships and vessels
Arctech Helsinki Shipyard is a Finnish company established in 2010. It is a parity venture between Russia's United Shipbuilding Corporation and STX Finland.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech