The International Bank of Azerbaijan will soon offer interest-free loans for pensioners through their pension cards.
"Within the framework of project 'Pension+,' all pensioners will be able to get through their pension cards an interest-free loan in the amount of AZN 100 to be withdrawn from pensioner's account during the financing of pension of next month and automatically renewed. Pensioners will also be able to use a pension card as full payment card in shopping malls and pharmacies to be included in the list of partners," IBA General Director Elmir Habibullayev said.
Elman Mehdiyev, the chairman of the State Social Protection Fund, said that a wide network of cash machines has been created in Baku and other regions of the country.
"In spite of this, queues gather regularly in front of IBA cash machines, as most pensioners still do not understand the possibilities of using cards as means of payment. That is why it was decided to launch a similar project with the help of which we will not only be able to provide additional financial support to retirees who are in need, but also to promote pension plastic cards as a payment tool," Mehdiyev said.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership