The Central Bank of Uzbekistan held a press conference on Monday on the participation of the banking system to ensure the implementation of the state's "Year of prosperity and well-being program."
Under President Islam Karimov's program, commercial banks have actively participated in the implementation of tasks aimed at the development of small business and entrepreneurship, farming, employment, welfare and income growth, as well as an improvement in living standards and social conditions.
Lending to businesses was up more than 32.8 percent in 2013, while financial support for young families was 10 percent higher this year.
Commercial banks have also become more active in the creation and expansion of local infrastructure and social programs, according to the central bank.
"We can confidently say that the active financing of business projects of small and private businesses by commercial banks will contribute to the implementation of the priority tasks of providing for the family and strengthening the country as a whole, namely, increasing employment, creating jobs and prosperity for the population," the bank said.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation