Samruk-Kazyna has announced a preliminary, non-binding agreement to initiate the sale and purchase of shares of the BTA Bank fund.
Samruk-Kazyna is a consortium of Kazkommertsbank and businessman K. Rakisheva, both of which will acquire shares equal to that of BTA Bank, according to the preliminary agreements.
Samruk-Kazyna will retain a minority share in the bank while the structure of the transaction will provide Kazkommertsbank with the opportunity to monitor the activities of BTA Bank.
The parties will be ensuring the stability and dynamic development of Kazkommertsbank BTA Bank.
BTA Bank is the third largest lender in Kazakhstan by assets. It is headquartered in Almaty under the full name of BTA Bank Joint-Stock Company. It was first opened in 1925 by the Presidium of Central Council of the Kazakhstan national economy as part of the department of Industrial Banking.
The bank underwent a rather difficult and scaled restructuring process between 2009 and 2013.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Meets Prime Minister of Malaysia, Reaffirms Support
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshininbank's Noyemberyan branch was re-opened
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: Information on currency auction
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank's customer service space was opened at Mestia Justice House
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Fiji Confirm Partnership to Build Resilience Against Floods
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: "AtaBank" OJSC has started this campaign "Visa VISA, VİSA Al" earlier this year
- ACBA- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: 60th branch of ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE Bank launched
- BANK OF GEORGIA: For the first time in the Caucasus region, the Bank of Georgia's Visa card holders will make payments through Garmin hours
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch