For the seventh time this month, the Bank of Russia has moved the ruble's trading band higher.
The band was moved five kopecks to RUB33.05-RUB40.05 against the euro-dollar basket, Nasdaq reports.
The euro-dollar basket is used as the central bank's main gauge of the currency market.
The currency is kept within a floating corridor against the basket by the central bank, which moves the band five kopecks either way if the currency's accumulated purchases or selling of foreign currencies exceeds $350 million.
The bank also sells dollars and euros to ease downside pressure, which it has done over the course of the last few months.
When the ruble strengthens toward the lower boundary of the band, the bank buys foreign currencies, Nasdaq reports.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Meets Prime Minister of Malaysia, Reaffirms Support
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshininbank's Noyemberyan branch was re-opened
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: Information on currency auction
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank's customer service space was opened at Mestia Justice House
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Fiji Confirm Partnership to Build Resilience Against Floods
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: "AtaBank" OJSC has started this campaign "Visa VISA, VİSA Al" earlier this year
- ACBA- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: 60th branch of ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE Bank launched
- BANK OF GEORGIA: For the first time in the Caucasus region, the Bank of Georgia's Visa card holders will make payments through Garmin hours
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch