A document presented by Iranian businessman Babak Morteza Zanjani to the Iranian parliament that suggested that there was a connection between himself and Tajikistan's national bank has been labeled a fake by the bank.
Tajikistan's national bank has denied cooperation with Babak Morteza Zanjani, who has been blacklisted by the United States, Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty reports.
The authenticity of the document was brought into question last week by a group of Iranian lawmakers.
The document allegedly states that the Tajik National Bank transferred $2 billion to Iran's Oil Ministry.
In April, Zanjani was accused by the U.S. Treasury Department of operating a network of front companies to help Iran move billions of dollars to a company controlled by Iran's elite Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps. Such an action would be a violation of U.S. Sanctions, Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty reports.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Meets Prime Minister of Malaysia, Reaffirms Support
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshininbank's Noyemberyan branch was re-opened
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: Information on currency auction
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank's customer service space was opened at Mestia Justice House
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Fiji Confirm Partnership to Build Resilience Against Floods
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: "AtaBank" OJSC has started this campaign "Visa VISA, VİSA Al" earlier this year
- ACBA- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: 60th branch of ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE Bank launched
- BANK OF GEORGIA: For the first time in the Caucasus region, the Bank of Georgia's Visa card holders will make payments through Garmin hours
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch