The National Bank of Tajikistan said that the U.S. dollar exchange rate decreased slightly over the past week, falling to an average of 4.9170-4.9350 Tajikistani somoni.
The average rate of U.S. dollar in the exchange bureaus of Dushanbe decreased again and reached 4.9120-4.9320 TJS, in Khuhand it reached TJS 4.9100-4.9300 and in Khujand and Kurgan-Tube it reached TJS 4.9200-4.9300.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble were unchanged at TJS 0.1480-0.1490, while the euro rose slightly to TJS 6.6305-6.6534.
With foreign revenue largely dependent upon exports of cotton and aluminum, the economy is highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis has hit Tajikistan harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC