The National Bank of Tajikistan said that the U.S. dollar exchange rate decreased slightly over the past week, falling to an average of 4.9170-4.9350 Tajikistani somoni.
The average rate of U.S. dollar in the exchange bureaus of Dushanbe decreased again and reached 4.9120-4.9320 TJS, in Khuhand it reached TJS 4.9100-4.9300 and in Khujand and Kurgan-Tube it reached TJS 4.9200-4.9300.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble were unchanged at TJS 0.1480-0.1490, while the euro rose slightly to TJS 6.6305-6.6534.
With foreign revenue largely dependent upon exports of cotton and aluminum, the economy is highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis has hit Tajikistan harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies