Rosneft and Statoil have signed a shareholders and operating agreement for a joint venture to assess the feasibility of commercial production from the Domanik shale formation.
"The participation of a reliable partner like Statoil and the use of state-of-the-art technologies will help us accelerate the launch of hard-to-recover reserves development which in the future will be positively reflected in Rosneft financial statements and will increase its shareholder value," Igor Sechin, the president of Rosneft, said.
The companies will set up a joint venture to run a three-year pilot program and assess the potential for commercial production. Rosneft will have a 51 percent equity interest and Statoil will have 49 percent.
The move follows the introduction of tax breaks in Sept., under which a zero rate of MET will be applied to the Bazhenov, Abalak, Khadum and Domanik formations for 15 years.
"Today's agreement demonstrates the two parties' commitment to jointly move forward in an attempt to unlock the hydrocarbon potential of the Domanik shale formation. If successful, we believe this could be a world class shale oil asset," Statoil CEO Helge Lund said.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC