Bosnia Herzegovina's Sberbank BH d.d. will receive a $13.76 million loan from EBRD for on-lending to local small and medium-sized enterprises.
The loan will be aimed at supporting banks and non-bank financial institutions in funding small enterprises, as per the Western Balkans and Croatia Financing Framework, Balkans.com reports.
Sberbank BH has been working in Bosnia Herzegovina since February 2012. The bank is involved in investments in infrastructure, new products and modern business services while also working to diversify its operations, specifically in the SME sector.
The efforts are expected to assist local enterprises in finding longer-term financing.
The EBRD is focused on SME lending in order to strengthen the economic recovery through the development of a regulatory framework, an improved business environment and through access to finance, according to Balkans.com.
The loan marks continued cooperation between Russia's largest bank and the EBRD in support of SMEs. The EBRD has previously worked with Sberbank subsidiaries in Belarus, Kazakhstan and Turkey.
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers