Rossiya Bank, a Russian joint stock bank founded in 1990 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, has established correspondent relations with its largest foreign depository, Euroclear Bank SA of Belgium.
The availability of direct accounts in the International Settlement and clearing center will allow Rossiya Bank to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of calculations on its own and client operations with Eurobonds and foreign securities, as well as to reduce operational risks.
In Nov. 2005, Bank Rossiya's investment company purchased a 37 percent share of Petersburg TV and Radio Company. It also owns a considerable share of Ren TV Media Holdings, and in Dec. 2006, Chairman of the Board of Directors Lyubov Sovershaeva also became the chairman of the board of directors of Ren TV.
Euroclear specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities. It was founded in 1968 as part of J.P. Morgan & Co. to settle trades on the then-developing Eurobond market.
Euroclear provides securities services to financial institutions located in more than 90 countries.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar