The Belarusian banking system is expected to undergo a large-scale modernization of all the automated data processing systems used by banks in 2014-2015, according to Deputy Chairman of the Board of the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus Sergei Dubkov.
Dubkov released the information at the 10th international BankIT forum on information technologies used in banking, which was held on November 18, BelTA reports
The banks are intent on fully replacing their software for the sake of expanding functionality and have outlined support for call and contact centers as an area to channel financial resources to offer a second line for handling complaints.
Dubkov said that virtually half of the Belarusian banks plan to overhaul the information technologies they use. He also suggested using standardized and unified software products which can be supported by developers without special competence. He discouraged using exclusive system software, according to BelTA.
The representative also noted that there was a drain of IT specialists from companies, banks and the country as a whole.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar