Representatives from the National Bank of Tajikistan and Commerzbank AG of Germany held a meeting on Nov. 4 to discuss the development of bilateral and mutually beneficial cooperation.
During the meeting, the two sides expressed satisfaction with cooperation to date and expressed their desire to further strengthen and expand bilateral ties.
Commerzbank AG, founded in 1870, is a global banking and financial services company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. It is the second largest German bank after Deutsche Bank.
Commerzbank is mainly active in commercial banking, retail banking and mortgaging. It suffered setbacks after a problematic foray into investment banking in the early 2000s and eventually closed down its Commerzbank Securities investment banking unit.
The remaining investment banking activities are in fixed income, commodities, FX and Funds of Hedge Funds. Investment banking, capital market, equities and corporate banking operations are now integrated as a division of the Commerzbank group.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech