The annual meeting of the Uzbek-Chinese Intergovernmental Committee on Cooperation was held in the Uzbekistan capital of Tashkent on Oct. 30.
The event was attended by the heads of ministries and departments in charge of external economic relations, finance, trade and industry, investment, energy, security, science and technology, agriculture, transport and communications, and culture, UZ24 reports.
First Deputy Prime Minister of Uzbekistan, Rustam Azimov, who co-chairs the committee, stressed that cooperation between the two countries is developing in all spheres following agreements between their heads of state.
Bilateral trade in 2012 reached $3.4 billion. In the first half of this year, it was $2.3 billion, a 59 percent increase from the same period last year, according to UZ24.
There are 455 joint ventures in Uzbekistan, including 70 companies fully funded by Chinese capital. Seventy-one are representative offices of Chinese companies.
The meeting included discussions on developing and implementing new joint projects, financial and technical cooperation, and promoting direct contacts between representatives from the business community.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation