The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan, formerly the Tajik Soviet Socialist Republic, held a meeting on Monday to commemorate the 19th anniversary of the adoption of the national constitution.
In a speech, Minister of Finance Nazhmudinov SM recalled the early days of Tajikistan's independence from the Soviet Union, including the initial government chaos and internal fighting, and said the adoption of the constitution helped to strengthen the foundations of the new state and protect the rights and freedoms of all citizens.
After Tajikistan declared independence in 1991, it almost immediately fell into a civil war that lasted from 1992 to 1997. Since the end of the war, political stability and foreign aid have allowed the country's economy to grow. Trade in commodities such as cotton, aluminum and uranium has also contributed greatly to its recovery.
Nazhmudinov also congratulated staff members, wishing them health, happiness and success in their daily work.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays