Sberbank of Russia and IBM have signed a memorandum of strategic cooperation that provides for the direct supply of equipment and software to the bank and explores ways to modernize its IT infrastructure.
"Sberbank and IBM have developed a mutually beneficial relationship format for long term cooperation. The transition to direct contracts with suppliers of equipment and software is one of the key tools of our policy in the field of vendor management," Deputy Chairman of Sberbank Lev Khasis said. "Michael Ehrenburg, a senior managing director for finance and IT has recently joined our team. Because of this, we expect to significantly optimize IT costs while improving the quality of our IT functions and client services."
In accordance with the agreement, IBM intends to authorize Sberbank Service, a subsidiary of Sberbank, to carry IBM products directly through IBM's logistical partners.
Specialists from both companies will also work to modernize the bank's Sberbank's IT infrastructure.
"To strengthen the position of IBM in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, we made a strategic decision to develop the format of our relationships and the transition to long-term partnerships with key customers," Kirill Kornilov, the general manager of IBM East Europe/Asia, said. "Savings Bank, one of our largest customers in the IT sector in recent years has successfully developed its international presence. That is why we are pleased that the bank now has the status of a global partner and is the first to be able to appreciate the benefits of our approach."
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation