A round-table discussion on the training of engineers in the oil and gas industry was held Thursday in Kazan, the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The roundtable was part of the 42nd IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, entitled "Global Challenges in Engineering Education" and organized in conjunction with the Kazan National Research Technological University and Austria's Technical Institute of Carinthia.
President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov told participants that there is a growing need for highly skilled engineers in the republics.
"Today, we need to consolidate all the possibilities, based on the real sector of the economy, and in cooperation with foreign partners; otherwise, further development of the enterprises is impossible," Minnikhanov said.
President of IGIP Michael Auer presented Minnikhano with a certificate of membership.
Deputy General Director of TATNEFT Rustam Mukhamadeev also spoke of the pressing need for skilled engineers.
"The fuel and energy complex and specifically the oil industry is one of the high-tech, knowledge-intensive sectors of the world economy," Mukhamadeev said. "Therefore the fuel and energy companies staffing issue is given the highest priority."
Participants also discussed global trends in the development of technical education and research and shared information on the implementation of personnel training programs for the oil and gas industry.
- GOVERNMENT OF UZBEKISTAN: The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a regional training on reforms in the field of public procurement
- BG CAPITAL - GEORGIA: Galt and Taggart Published Macroeconomic Research of Uzbekistan
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB and REC to support the supply to Kazakhstan of Russian modules for a solar power station
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Ukraine: EU Bank launches new scheme to strengthen the agri-food sector
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: DB Raises 85.05 Million Georgian Lari in Offshore Bond Market
- ARTSAKBANK - ARMENIA: Shareholders Extraordinary General Meeting
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal