The Republic of Belarus recently reported a decrease in gold reserves to $214.9 million as of the end of August.
According to preliminary data, gold reserves totaled $7,712.0 million in the equivalent in September.
There was a $134 million drop in the amount of national foreign exchange reserves on September 1, amounting to $8,430.4 million in the equivalent.
The decrease in the volume of foreign exchange reserves has had an effect on the redemption of the Government and the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus, foreign and domestic foreign currency liabilities in full.
There was an increase in gold prices in the international market of precious metals due to the maintenance of reserves in August of this year. This also contributed to the placement of foreign currency bonds of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Belarus in the domestic market.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech