The Central Bank of Georgia with the Ministry of Finance Treasury recently announced that it has sold 20 million securities with a two-year maturity.
The auction involved commercial banks, with the total demand reaching to 31,600,000. The interest rate was at a minimum of 5.4 percent and maximum of 5.64 percent. The average interest rate was defined as 5.528 percent with a coupon rate of 5.8 percent. Coupon payments are to be made twice a year.
The National Bank is the central bank of Georgia. Its status is defined under the constitution. The bank was established in 1919.
The National Bank of Georgia, the constitution and its activity is independent of the executive and legislative branches of government, which have no right to interfere in its activity. The bank implements monetary policy and owns, manages and disposes of the country's official international reserves.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso