The Central Bank of Georgia with the Ministry of Finance Treasury recently announced that it has sold 20 million securities with a two-year maturity.
The auction involved commercial banks, with the total demand reaching to 31,600,000. The interest rate was at a minimum of 5.4 percent and maximum of 5.64 percent. The average interest rate was defined as 5.528 percent with a coupon rate of 5.8 percent. Coupon payments are to be made twice a year.
The National Bank is the central bank of Georgia. Its status is defined under the constitution. The bank was established in 1919.
The National Bank of Georgia, the constitution and its activity is independent of the executive and legislative branches of government, which have no right to interfere in its activity. The bank implements monetary policy and owns, manages and disposes of the country's official international reserves.
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors