The retail business of Alfa-Bank, the leading private bank in Russia, showed strong growth in the first half of 2013, the bank announced on Monday.
Alfa-Bank's loan portfolio reached $5.6 trillion, a year-on-year increase of 60 percent. The retail business accounts for 52 percent of the bank's operating profit.
Alfa-Bank's credit card portfolio increased by 36 percent to $1.4 billion, compared to a growth of 25 percent for the Russian credit card market as a whole. Its market share exceeded 5 percent.
In consumer lending, the bank issued $858 million in the first half of 2013, a year-on-year increase of 36 percent. The cash loan portfolio grew by 24 percent to $2.5 billion.
Time deposits during the period grew by 14 percent, compared to a growth of 11 percent for the market as a whole.
"Results from the first half of 2013 show an increased demand for retail products and services of the bank, and the classic credit products, and remote banking channels. The figures for this period also show a significant increase in business and maintaining high rates of growth of the loan portfolio. Retail business of Alfa-Bank has demonstrated strong growth in all business segments, surpassing many targets, and in some segments ahead of the market," Alexey Korovin, the head of Alfa-Bank's retail business, said. "Our goal is to grow by about 20-30 percent faster than the market in all key areas of retail business."
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Acts as Anchor Investor in the First Corporate Bond Issue in Moldova
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan Received the US Ambassador
- THE WORLD BANK: Urgent Structural Reforms Can Revive Pakistan’s Economic Growth
- TBC BANK - GEORGIA: TBC Bank's GEL 103 mln Loan Funded by FMO Won Best Local Currency Loan Award in CEE
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EIB to help protect 1,400km roads in rural Lao PDR from climate change
- CENTRAL BANK OF UZBEKISTAN: Republicanization of the Balance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the position of investment position and the debts of debt
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: New BSTDB Secretary General Assumes Duties
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!