The retail business of Alfa-Bank, the leading private bank in Russia, showed strong growth in the first half of 2013, the bank announced on Monday.
Alfa-Bank's loan portfolio reached $5.6 trillion, a year-on-year increase of 60 percent. The retail business accounts for 52 percent of the bank's operating profit.
Alfa-Bank's credit card portfolio increased by 36 percent to $1.4 billion, compared to a growth of 25 percent for the Russian credit card market as a whole. Its market share exceeded 5 percent.
In consumer lending, the bank issued $858 million in the first half of 2013, a year-on-year increase of 36 percent. The cash loan portfolio grew by 24 percent to $2.5 billion.
Time deposits during the period grew by 14 percent, compared to a growth of 11 percent for the market as a whole.
"Results from the first half of 2013 show an increased demand for retail products and services of the bank, and the classic credit products, and remote banking channels. The figures for this period also show a significant increase in business and maintaining high rates of growth of the loan portfolio. Retail business of Alfa-Bank has demonstrated strong growth in all business segments, surpassing many targets, and in some segments ahead of the market," Alexey Korovin, the head of Alfa-Bank's retail business, said. "Our goal is to grow by about 20-30 percent faster than the market in all key areas of retail business."
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation