Nordic Environment Finance Corporation recently granted the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainian banks
The National Bank of Ukraine granted the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainians banks.
A framework signed September 17, 2009, was established for using such accounts when carrying out transactions to provide loans and guarantees in domestic currency to Ukrainian residents under the projects implemented as part of the framework agreement between the government of Ukraine and the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation.
The International Finance Corporation was granted the right to use domestic currency earlier in order to fund projects when effecting payments and settlements linked to transactions to provide loans and guarantees in the domestic currency to residents.
Additionally, NBU Board Resolution number 172 expanded correspondent account relationships with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. This allows the EBRD to open correspondent accounts in hryvnia with any authorized Ukrainian bank. Resolution 172 is on the approval of amendments to regulation on opening and maintaining correspondent accounts of residents and non-resident banks in foreign currency and correspondent accounts of non-resident banks in hryvnia.
Outhryvnia-denominated transactions will be able to be carried by out by EBRD through the correspondent accounts as part of EBRD's activities in Ukraine in accordance with an agreement signed on May 29, 1990, with Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar