Nordic Environment Finance Corporation recently granted the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainian banks
The National Bank of Ukraine granted the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainians banks.
A framework signed September 17, 2009, was established for using such accounts when carrying out transactions to provide loans and guarantees in domestic currency to Ukrainian residents under the projects implemented as part of the framework agreement between the government of Ukraine and the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation.
The International Finance Corporation was granted the right to use domestic currency earlier in order to fund projects when effecting payments and settlements linked to transactions to provide loans and guarantees in the domestic currency to residents.
Additionally, NBU Board Resolution number 172 expanded correspondent account relationships with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. This allows the EBRD to open correspondent accounts in hryvnia with any authorized Ukrainian bank. Resolution 172 is on the approval of amendments to regulation on opening and maintaining correspondent accounts of residents and non-resident banks in foreign currency and correspondent accounts of non-resident banks in hryvnia.
Outhryvnia-denominated transactions will be able to be carried by out by EBRD through the correspondent accounts as part of EBRD's activities in Ukraine in accordance with an agreement signed on May 29, 1990, with Ukraine.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation