Nordic Environment Finance Corporation recently granted the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainian banks
The National Bank of Ukraine granted the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainians banks.
A framework signed September 17, 2009, was established for using such accounts when carrying out transactions to provide loans and guarantees in domestic currency to Ukrainian residents under the projects implemented as part of the framework agreement between the government of Ukraine and the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation.
The International Finance Corporation was granted the right to use domestic currency earlier in order to fund projects when effecting payments and settlements linked to transactions to provide loans and guarantees in the domestic currency to residents.
Additionally, NBU Board Resolution number 172 expanded correspondent account relationships with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. This allows the EBRD to open correspondent accounts in hryvnia with any authorized Ukrainian bank. Resolution 172 is on the approval of amendments to regulation on opening and maintaining correspondent accounts of residents and non-resident banks in foreign currency and correspondent accounts of non-resident banks in hryvnia.
Outhryvnia-denominated transactions will be able to be carried by out by EBRD through the correspondent accounts as part of EBRD's activities in Ukraine in accordance with an agreement signed on May 29, 1990, with Ukraine.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso