The National Bank of Ukraine announced Friday that it has disbursed an emergency loan of approximately $28 million to PrivatBank in order for it to be able to meet its obligations to depositors.
According to the regulator, the bank houses 26 percent of household deposits in the country and is unique in that it is a specialized savings bank with over 50 percent of its liabilities consisting of private deposits. It also houses 15 percent of the total assets within the Ukrainian banking sector.
This loan is conditional and can only be used to meet individual obligations. It also stipulates that collateral in the form of railway transport vehicles and a guarantee from a qualified holder of bank stock will be held against the refinancing loan. This arrangement was determined by a third-party auditing company.
In February, the bank's shareholders approved an increase in capital to approximately $788 million.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Bank of Ukraine ?
Next time we write about National Bank of Ukraine, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation