Cistran Finance Exploring the Spirit of Capitalism's New Frontier

Friday, February 22, 2019

Turkish-Japanese facility breaks ground

Turkish and Japanese officials and business leaders attend the ground breaking event of a joint venture between Tosyali Holding and Toyo Kohan.

An agreement has been made between Tosyali Holding, a Turkish steel producer, and Japan's Toyo Kohan according to a Tuesday report from the Turkish-American Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

The deal includes the investment of $500 million into the country in the form of steel production and an additional $300 million in exports, closing Turkey's deficit by $800 million. The facility is set to be operational after a 20-month construction period.

“Being the latest example of Turkish-Japanese friendship, this investment symbolizes the increasing cooperation between our countries, especially in strategic fields,” Turkey’s Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said.

Davutoglu also stated that the facility will play an important role in the eventual qualitative changes that Turkey envisions for its steel industry. Tosyali will own 51 percent of the joint venture with the remaining 49 percent belonging to Toyo Kohan. According to the report Turkey was ranked as the eighth largest steel-producing country by the World Steel Association.

Organizations in this Story

Turkish American Chamber of Commerce & Industry

Want to get notified whenever we write about Turkish American Chamber of Commerce & Industry ?
Next time we write about Turkish American Chamber of Commerce & Industry, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.