VTB Bank in Georgia announced the winners of the Everest mathematics competition it sponsors on Monday.
The competition tests the math skills of primary-school children. Prizes were given out to the top finishers in grades two to six. A total of 15 winners received prizes in the form of bank deposits. First place finishers received the equivalent of approximately $213, second place finishers received approximately $128 and third place winners received approximately $85.
The first place winners were Alika Kurtanidze from Akhaltsikhe in Grade 2; Giorgi Kalandadze from Rustavi, Grade 3; Giorgi Khurtsidze from Kutaisi, Grade 4; Giorgi Vashalomidze from Batumi, Gradde 5. and Lekso Kvelashvili fom Gori., Grade 6.
“Support of (educational) projects, promoting an increase of education and motivation levels of future generations, is of high importance for the VTB Bank (Georgia),” VTB Chief Retail Business Officer
Approximately 14,500 students throughout Georgia
participated in the math contest.
The bank considers the support of educational projects in the country to be of a great importance.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar