Belarusbank said Monday that it has reached an agreement with China Development Bank on a $300 million loan to fund joint projects between Belarus and China.
Projects in the transportation, energy and other sectors along with small and medium-size business enterprises will benefit from the agreement.
Belarusbank said the loan has favorable terms for the bank and for the Republic of Belarus.
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Minsk on Sunday.
"It is extremely important that the general loan agreement was signed during the visit of President Xi Jinping," Belarusbank Board Chairman Sergei Pisarik said, referring to the trip by the Chinese president who arrived in Minsk on Sunday. "It was a testament to a new level of bilateral relations with the Development Bank of China, and in addition will further the achievement of mutual interests,"
Belarus is also in consideration to be a major partner with the city of Xuzhou, China, as the development of the Economic Belt of the Silk Road continues.
- TBC Bank named best bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals