A list of 23 banks that will be financing the construction of SOCAR's STAR oil refinery in the Aliaga port in Turkey was announced in an official ceremony last week.
The list includes the following banks: Banco Popular Espanol, Banco Santander, The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, BBVA, BNP Paribas, CaixaBank, CESCE, Credit Agricole Corporate Investment Bank, Deutsche Bank, Export Development Canada Bank, Garanti Bankası, ING Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo, JBIC, KFW IPEX, The Korea Development Bank, KSURE, Natixis, NEXI, SACE, Societe Generale, Unicredit and USEXIM.
The project includes an allocation of approximately $2.7 billion for 18 years and $600 million for 15 years with a four-year grace period.
The $5.5 billion Star refinery will supply feedstock to petrochemicals maker Petkin in an effort to help Turkey reduce its dependence on imported refined oil products.
The plant will have a capacity of 10 million tons, 1.6 million tons of which Petkin will receive in the form of naphtha.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar