The Lviv Business School announced recently that it will hold the first-ever Smart Energy Forum in Ukraine this weekend.
The forum, hosted by the the Lviv Business School's various programs, will include a one-day conference on May 16 and a two-day Smart Energy Hackathon from May 17-18.
Forum experts will explore the latest developments regarding sustainable economic and energy models, technologies and R&D projects, policies to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy production, as well as how the energy and IT sector converge for achieving tangible results with small investments.
Keynote speakers will include Blake Burris, the founder and chief hacktivist at the Cleanweb Initiative; Yoram Krozer, a senior researcher at the University of Twente and the founder of the Cartesius Institute at the Institute for Sustainable Innovations of the Netherlands; Microsoft Ukraine CEO Dmytro Shymkiv; Katharina Habersbrunner, the renewable energy manager at Munich-based Women in Europe for a Common Future; and Natalia Shulha, the executive director of the Ukrainian Science Club.
Teams taking part in the hackathon will be challenged to сreate solutions to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy use in the city of Lviv and at the Ukrainian Catholic University, which is considered to be Ukraine’s greenest campus.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar