The EBRD will extend a $9.56 million loan to BC Mobiasbanca – Groupe Societe Generale SA for on-lending to private companies for energy-saving measures and renewable energy project investments.
Mobiasbanca received a $4.10 million loan earlier this year that it has already used.
The loan will be part of the Moldovan Sustainable Energy Financing Facility II and the financing will be complemented by EU grants to facilitate up to 20 percent of the loan. The financing also engages consultants to provide technical advice as part of the program to provide energy efficiency improvements in the private sector.
Businesses will use the financing to invest in energy efficient equipment and to finance small-scale renewable energy projects.
"We are very happy to top up our engagement in energy efficiency with another loan to Mobiasbancă. We are impressed with the response to the first loan earlier this year and see this as a strong foundation for further successful energy efficiency investments," Octavian Costaș, the acting head of the EBRD office in Chisinau, said.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar