The first Belarus-U.S. investment forum, to be held in New York on Sept. 22, will include more than 50 representatives from transnational companies, international financial institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Applications to participate in the forum have been submitted by Culligan International President and CEO Scott Clawson; head of the IMF mission in Belarus David Hoffman; Glenn Schweitzer, the director of the Office for Central Europe and Eurasia at the U.S. National Academies; and Arkady Dobkin, the co-founder, president and chairman of the Board of EPAM Systems, BelTA reports.
Additionally, more than 500 invitations have been sent to other potential participants.
The forum will provide direct communication between business representatives and the government, with participants receiving information about investment potential in Belarus.
"The first [Belarus-U.S.] investment forum will serve as an open ground to discuss investments between representatives of the government and potential investors," NAIP Director Natalia Nikandrova said, according to BelTA. "I am convinced that the joint work at the forum will help enhance Belarus' investment appeal and promote its image as a reliable business and investment partner."
Belarusian Prime Minister Mikhail Myasnikovich is expected to lead the Belarusian delegation, which will also include representatives of the Belarusian Development Bank, ministries of finance and economy, the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the National Bank of Belarus, the Hi-Tech Park and the company promoting the Chinese-Belarusian industrial park.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar