Entrepreneurs from Uzbekistan and Japan recently took part in a business forum at the International Business Center in Tashkent.
Participants included heads of corporations as well as representatives of government ministries and agencies involved in several areas, including trade and investments, banking and finance, tourism, electronics, information technologies, textiles and chemicals.
The two countries signed a Joint Declaration on Friendship, Strategic Partnership and Cooperation in 2002.
"Japan is interested in the development of wide-scale and mutually advantageous cooperation with Uzbekistan," Mamoru Sekiyama, the chairman of the Japan-Uzbekistan Committee for Economic Cooperation and the vice chairman of Marubeni Corp., said. "Uzbekistan is a steadily advancing and economically dynamic country. Noteworthy in particular is the fact that within the last nine years, the growth of gross domestic product in your country has been at least eight percent. The volume of trade turnover between Japan and Uzbekistan has been increasing constantly. Our two nations wield an enormous potential in boosting these indicators. The current forum serves to reveal new edges in the mutually advantageous cooperation, to achieve constructive agreements and further consolidate our partnership."
At the end of the forum, the Uzinfoinvest Agency of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Uzbek Investments and Trade and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) signed a memorandum of understanding.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar