Commerzbank recently awarded Belarusbank for its cooperation with foreign financial institutions in the area of foreign trade finance.
Belarusbank Chairman Sergei Pisarik was presented with the award for excellent cooperation based on performance in 2013 by Hovsep Voskanyan, the head of Commerzbank's Belarusian office.
Pisarik said Belarusbank strives to maintain strict compliance with its obligations to western counterparties.
"Using external sources we finance the import of complex technical products and high-tech equipment, and the construction of large facilities," Pisarik said. "These are significant investments in the country's economy. Supporting the real production sector is the core business area of our bank."
Belarusbank, which has been a partner of Commerzbank for more than 20 years, is the largest financial institution in Belarus, with more than 100 banking products.
The bank is, to date, the leader among banks in the nation in terms of capital and authorized funds, total assets, number of outlets, volume of loans given to clients, bulk payment and international business.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank