Commerzbank recently awarded Belarusbank for its cooperation with foreign financial institutions in the area of foreign trade finance.
Belarusbank Chairman Sergei Pisarik was presented with the award for excellent cooperation based on performance in 2013 by Hovsep Voskanyan, the head of Commerzbank's Belarusian office.
Pisarik said Belarusbank strives to maintain strict compliance with its obligations to western counterparties.
"Using external sources we finance the import of complex technical products and high-tech equipment, and the construction of large facilities," Pisarik said. "These are significant investments in the country's economy. Supporting the real production sector is the core business area of our bank."
Belarusbank, which has been a partner of Commerzbank for more than 20 years, is the largest financial institution in Belarus, with more than 100 banking products.
The bank is, to date, the leader among banks in the nation in terms of capital and authorized funds, total assets, number of outlets, volume of loans given to clients, bulk payment and international business.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal