Verbant Investment of Cyprus is planning to inject approximately $20 million in Belarus to transform a former machine tool plant in Vitebsk into a trade and entertainment center.
The project envisages a mega food store and a large household equipment store, an entertainment zone and a playground, and a food court and restaurant, BelTA reports.
Retail space will also be available for rent by local businesses now located at the nearby Polotsk farm market, which is closing.
Reconstruction will begin later this year and it is expected to take two years to complete the project, according to BelTA.
The investment group bought the premises in 2008, but implementation of the project has been delayed because of technical and legal issues.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar