Verbant Investment of Cyprus is planning to inject approximately $20 million in Belarus to transform a former machine tool plant in Vitebsk into a trade and entertainment center.
The project envisages a mega food store and a large household equipment store, an entertainment zone and a playground, and a food court and restaurant, BelTA reports.
Retail space will also be available for rent by local businesses now located at the nearby Polotsk farm market, which is closing.
Reconstruction will begin later this year and it is expected to take two years to complete the project, according to BelTA.
The investment group bought the premises in 2008, but implementation of the project has been delayed because of technical and legal issues.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank