Azerbaijan's VTB Bank announced last week that the bank's supervisory board has appointed Yuri Yakovlev as chairman of its management board.
According to a press release from VTB, Yakovlev assumed his position last month after certification by the Central Bank of Azerbaijan. He has been at VTB Group since 2006 and was appointed to head the New Delhi branch in 2011.
"Yuri Yakovlev has significant financial sector experience," First Deputy President and Chairman of VTB Bank Vasily Titov said. "He has successfully managed the task of running VTB Bank's subsidiary in India efficiently. We believe that under his guidance, VTB Bank will actively continue to grow its business while strengthening key financial indicators."
Yakovlev is a graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry, holds a doctorate in economics and is an expert on international trade and economic relations.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal