Azerbaijan's VTB Bank announced last week that the bank's supervisory board has appointed Yuri Yakovlev as chairman of its management board.
According to a press release from VTB, Yakovlev assumed his position last month after certification by the Central Bank of Azerbaijan. He has been at VTB Group since 2006 and was appointed to head the New Delhi branch in 2011.
"Yuri Yakovlev has significant financial sector experience," First Deputy President and Chairman of VTB Bank Vasily Titov said. "He has successfully managed the task of running VTB Bank's subsidiary in India efficiently. We believe that under his guidance, VTB Bank will actively continue to grow its business while strengthening key financial indicators."
Yakovlev is a graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry, holds a doctorate in economics and is an expert on international trade and economic relations.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank