India's Charge d'Affaires to Uzbekistan, Devinder Kumar Sharma, praised the country's foreign policy and economic development on Tuesday ahead of the 23rd anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
He said India values its ties with Uzbekistan, adding that the state visits between leaders of the two countries have helped to strengthen the strategic partnership, UzA reports.
"The intensity of collaboration between our countries has been expanding year by year," Kumar Sharma said, according to UzA. "Political, trade-economic, scientific and technological, social and cultural cooperation is consistently developing. The effective collaboration is being maintained in the fields such as information technologies, mining industry, energy, textile, agriculture and pharmaceuticals."
Kumar Sharma said that in addition to trade and economic interests, Uzbekistan and India also have similar outlooks on regional and international issues.
"Uzbekistan is attracting great attention of the world with its successful foreign policy and high development," Kumar Sharma said, UzA reports. "The practical efforts of President Islam Karimov on the settlement of disputes, differences and conflicts, which are occurring in various regions, in a peaceful way by means of political discussions should be precisely underlined. [The] country is assisting in the establishment of peace, reconstruction of infrastructure and development of economy of the neighboring country, Afghanistan. It is of utmost importance in the development of countries and in the development of Uzbek and Indian relations."
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal