Igor Lyashenko, the chairman of the Belarusian state petrochemical enterprise Belneftekhim, said recently that the Belarusian petroleum industry benefits from its economic ties with Russia.
"Work with Russia is intense: Russia accounts for 60 percent of Belneftekhim's export," Lyashenko said, BelTA reports. "We cooperate in purchasing raw materials and in selling our products. The dynamics [are] positive. We count on successful cooperation in the future."
Belneftekhim registered positive changes regarding all assigned targets in H1 2014, according to Lyashenko. The concern's enterprises operated at a profit during the first half of the year, with profitability of sales in the production sector reaching 13.6 percent.
Merchandise export totaled 99 percent against H1 2013 despite unfavorable trends on the petrochemicals market, according to Belneftekhim Press Secretary Marina Kostyuchenko, according to BelTA.
"Accomplishing this year's tasks is what we aim for. With this goal in mind we will tightly cooperate with labor collectives, helping as much as we can as is the tradition, and naturally we count on support of allied ministries," Lyashenko said, BelTA reports. "It is generally acknowledged that in difficult times it is possible to secure good performance only together."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar