The U.S. Senate's recent resolution on Moldova's territorial integrity was welcomed by Moldova's Foreign and European Integration Ministry.
The resolution, passed on July 23, strengthens American-Moldovan bilateral ties and was adopted in a unanimous bipartisan vote, according to a press release by the Moldovan government. The resolution also includes an appeal to the EU to deepen its political and economic integrity with Moldova.
Developed by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), in cooperation with Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Christopher Murphy (D-Conn.), Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.), the resolution--S. Res. 500--makes recommendations to Russia to refrain from imposing economic pressures on Moldova, stop supporting separatists' movements on Moldova's territory and fulfill its previously assumed commitments to withdraw armed forces and ammunition from the Moldovan territory.
The resolution is similar to one previously approved by the House Foreign Affairs Committee that was initiated by Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.), the co-chairman of the Moldova Political Support Group.
Additionally, the Senate backed the strategic dialogue set between Moldova and the U.S. and encourages President Barack Obama and the U.S. State Department to increase ties with he Moldovan government and civil society while focusing assistance on implementation of the local reforms and promoting trade and investment opportunities.
It encourages fostering cooperation in the security area while increasing educational exchanges between the two states.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar