The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) announced on Monday that the bank's council has appointed Sergei Elagin, a member of the management board and director of treasury, to the position of board deputy chairman.
Forty-three-year-old Elagin began working at the EDB in 2006, after which he later created and headed the treasury division. He has a degree in aeronautics from Moscow State Aviation Institute and received a master's in business administration from the Moscow International Higher Business School, according to a press release.
Elagin has been working in finance since 1994. From 1994 to 1997, he was the deputy director general and director general of the AlmazZolo Investment Company, and from 1997 to 2004, he was the head of securities and financial market operations, as well as CFO, in several Russian banks.
From 2004 to 2006, Elagin headed the liquidity regulation and market risk analysis department in Nomos Bank's treasury division.
The EDB was founded by Russia and Kazakhstan in 2006 to assist the development of market economies and sustainable growth in member countries.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar