Several contracts worth approximately $700 million were signed recently at the international military hardware expo MILEX 2014 in Belarus, according to the chairman of the State Defense Industries Committee.
Sergei Gurulev, the chairman of the committee, told Belarus 1 TV that the contracts were signed by the defense industries committee and a number of defense companies, BelTA reports.
He said Belarus cooperates with 60 countries in the defense sector and exports 70 percent of its military products. Approximately 100 Belarusian companies export nearly 2,000 products to 300 Russian companies.
Gurulev also said Belarus and the United Aircraft Corp. of Russia are discussing Minsk's participation in aircraft manufacturing and are expected to develop a strategy by Sept. 1, according to BelTA.
This year marked the seventh MILEX military hardware expo in Belarus and was attended by approximately 80 domestic companies and educational institutions.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar