The International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) recently began issuing Visa's Pay Wave cards.
The cards, which operate on touch-free technologies and provide maximum levels of protection, can be used for transactions valued up to $25 in trade-service network without inputting a card's PIN code.
"[The] start of issue and reception of such cards will help to increase the volume of non-cash payments in the country," the IBA said. "Special terminals for such cards have already been installed at 70 commercial facilities in the country."
The bank's network of touch-free POS terminals will expand in the near future.
Additionally, IBA has also worked with MasterCard's similar payment technology.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar