Robert Francis Cekuta was recently nominated by President Barack Obama as the new U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan.
Cekuta would replaced Richard Morningstar, who has served as the ambassador since 2012 and whose mandate expires in August.
Cekuta has served since 2011 as the principal deputy assistant secretary in the Bureau of Energy Resources at the U.S. Department of State.
He also served as the deputy assistant secretary for energy, sanctions and commodities in the Bureau of Economic, Energy and Business Affairs at the Department of State from 2010 to 2011, and as the senior advisor for food security in the Bureau of Economic Energy and Business Affairs in 2010.
Prior to that, Cekuta was the senior deputy coordinating director for economic and development affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, from 2009 to 2010, and served as the minister-counselor for economic affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, Japan, from 2007 to 2009. He also served as the minister-counselor for economic affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany, from 2003 to 2007.
Cekuta holds a bachelor's degree from Georgetown University, a master's from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and a master's from the National Defense University.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar